Thursday, January 8, 2009

Odds and ends

I thought I would give you all a quick update on what is going in in each of our lives....

Dan has been able to work from home for the past month. It has been fabulous! It is so nice to have help with the kids in the evenings. It has also made me start cooking again, which is a good thing. I enjoy cooking meals, but I never really cook when it is just me and the kids at home. He is considering trying to transfer to a different position in the company which would require less travel. He was also nominated by his boss for a consultant of the year award! He works so hard and has sacrificed so much. I hope he wins b/c he deserves it!

I have been staying busy with the kids and holiday/post holiday stuff. I haven't been able to get into the gym as much as I should this month with all the traveling and illnesses we've had, but I was able to reach my weight loss goal for the end of the year. I actually beat it by 1 pound! Now only 4 more pounds and the baby weight will be gone! My goal to lose that is by Anderson's first birthday.

Ava...where to begin...She has been struggling with some jealousy issues this past month, but it seems to be improving. She was having "accidents" in her pants sometimes up to 3 times a day. She has also really started to beat up on poor little Anderson. I caught her slamming his head in the cabinet door once and she likes to push him over. She is getting better at sharing with him, but she has panic attacks every now and then when she thinks he is after something of hers. They are quite the pair! She is still really enjoying "school". She is so VERY verbal. There are sometimes when I wish she had a mute button! She is still a super shrimp...nobody believes me when I say she is going on 3 until they hear her speak. I figure Anderson will catch up with her eventually.

Anderson is now into EVERYTHING! He has started pulling up and is surprisingly sturdy. He unloads the dishwasher as fast as I can load it. Now that his ears are healthy, he has started to talk so much more. He says dada, mama, and ba (for ball), and baba (for bottle). He also also recently started clapping and waving. He is now getting to the age where they really start to do new things and really interact more. I love this age! I now have 2 children who LOVE music. If you have seen any of the videos of Ava, you probably noticed she sways side to side...Anderson does the exact same thing...check out the video.



We have had a busy 6 weeks or so and are looking forward to things slowing down. At least of of us is always sick...I'm ready for the cold and flu season to be over!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update!! I am in the exact same boat...wait until Anderson can fight back, then the games begin =)!