Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This past month has been insane! We have had Christmas celebrations every weekend since the 13th all of which had some kind of drama involved. Here's a brief recap...

On Saturday the 13th, we celebrated Christmas with Dan's dad and his wife and also Dan's sister. We hosted the event this year so I spent time that week cleaning and cooking. Over the course of the week, Ava had had numerous accidents (as in the wetting her pants kind). This was so untypical of her, but I figured it was because I had been busy and really not paying as much attention to her bathroom activities. She had also complained about her bottom hurting. I brushed it off b/c she often has aches and pains and they usually just require a band aid to go away. By Friday, it finally clicked that maybe Ava's trouble was due to a UTI. Of course by the time I realized that the Dr.'s office as closed. So...Saturday morning we were expecting company and I had to get up earlier than usual to take Ava to the pediatrician. So we hurried to get there and back so i could still get lunch prepared in time. Everything got finished...I even had a little time to spare but I was exhausted. We had a fun day of eating and opening gifts. Ava got her first video game...she loves it! Oh and it turned out she didn't have an infection so i rushed around for nothing. Better safe than sorry though!

The following weekend we celebrated with Dan's mom and sister. The drama surrounding this party started on Thursday evening. Our hometown (to which we were traveling to) was hit by a huge ice storm on Thursday evening/Friday morning. Many homes in northern IN were out of electric, including my mother in law. As were we leaving Saturday afternoon, she still had no power. We couldn't stay there with the kids b/c she had no heat. We had a backup plan to stay at my parents but fortunately her power was back on around 4 pm that day! Christmas was saved! We went to church on Sunday morning and then had a brunch and opened gifts. The ice was actually very pretty on the trees, but it caused many limbs to fall. With the strong wind on Sunday you had to be careful to not get pelted with ice falling from the trees!

We spent Christmas day at home with the kids. It is really nice to be able to just relax and play with the kids and their new toys!

This past weekend we celebrated with my family. We spent the weekend at my parents, which gets a bit crazy with 8 adults, 4 kids (2 1/2 and under), and 2 dogs. We had a great weekend with the exception the my sister got the stomach flu and in turn passed it on to Ava and my parents. Hopefully no one else will get sick!

I guess that wasn't so brief...I hope you all had a great holiday season. It's hard to believe another year is gone!

Making (or eating mostly) Christmas cookies with mom!


Our Sunday best!

No comments: