Sunday, May 10, 2009

Accident prone Anderson

What a day! My poor little guy got quite beat up today! One accident was really my fault, but I'm allowed a "bad mommy" moment on Mother's day right?! This morning we had a baby dedication at church so Dan and I dedicated Anderson. After church, we had my parents, Dan's mom and sister, and my sister Angi and her family over for lunch. Dan grilled some very yummy chicken breasts on his new grill! Anyway...when i finally was able to sit down with my plate, i sat in the chair next to Anderson. I sat everything down and as i was pulling up my chair, my sneaky little guy reached over and grabbed my steak knife by the blade!! I didn't even think when i sat it down...I should have known better! Luckily he only cut 1 finger but it bled a ton! I seriously thought we would never get it to stop. After quite a struggle, between Dan, myself and my sister, we were able to get it all wrapped up. Crisis resolved...for the time being at least!

If you look at his fingers, you can see his bandage!

After everyone had left, Dan and I stepped outside to put the grill cover back on. While we were doing so, Anderson made his was out and as he was trying to step out, he totally face planted into the cement! It really didn't seem to phase him, but his forehead and temple/cheek area were all red and scratched. He continued to play outside for some time. I tried to get a good pic, but he just moves to fast for me and my camera to keep up! Here is a pic that was taken probably an hour after the fall...it was still really red when he went to bed. Hopefully it will not bruise!



So after we came in, the little guy had to have a bath. His bandage on his finger was really dirty so we had to change it after his bath. The cut is on the crease of his finger so every time he bent it it would just gush more blood. The bleeding this time was worse than the initial cut. I made an emergency call to my awesome neighbor and she had her daughter bring over some different band aids. We finally managed to get it wrapped up again but not before a ton of drama! Tomorrow we are heading to the store to get some skin "glue"! Even after all of the events of the day, he was he sweet little self in no time. Praise Jesus that kids recover so quickly. I'm pretty sure it was more traumatic for mommy and daddy than it was him.

No comments: