Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sippy vs. glass

OK moms, here's a question for you. At what age do you give up the sippy cup and move onto using a regular glass? Ava can drink from a regular glass/cup, but primarily for my sake, I have just continued to use a sippy. I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is on the matter.

I did come across these cups that have a silicone exterior to help prevent slipping. I thought that these might be useful. What do you think? Worth $8 a glass or should I just use a regular kids cup? Val's View blog did a review of these and is giving one away. She seemed to think these were a good product. I see what you have to say...maybe I'll have to try one.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Traci - thanks for your sweet comment!

Claire moved to a regular cup around 4 years old. We had spills at first, but we are pretty good now! Owen may be taking a sippy cup to kindergarten =)!

amy smitherman said...

hmmmm. that is a good question tracy. i am interested to hear what other moms have to say. $8 does seem a little pricey to me. i think i would try other alternatives first to see how they work. let us know what you decide.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about this last week. My son is 3 and wasn't too sure when to switch. I would probably buy one of these cups and have my son use it until he got the hang of drinking then move on to cheaper cups.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I haven't a clue. But, just wanted to see the kids, and they look adorable!!! You are going to have to help me figure out this whole blog thing. I think I am going to go ahead and create one so I can keep a good journal of the kiddos. One of the MANY projects I have on my list to do! ;)

Cole Family said...

Ariel will no longer drink out of a sippy cup. We set a rule that she has to keep her drink in the kitchen at all times and she can't walk around with it. She's ok with that and we haven't had any spills. We use just small plastic solid colored cups and they work fine. I personally think that $8 a glass is a little too much but if you could win one for free it may be worth it!