The only thing missing from this pic is the twine that gets wrapped around the waist and hat. The lighter fabric is a hood. Kind of hard to tell without a model.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sneak peak at Halloween
I have been wanting to learn to sew for awhile now, so I had this brilliant idea that I could make Halloween costumes for the kids and my nephews this year. They are going to be Dorothy, scarecrow, tin man, and the lion from Wizard of Oz. We already had a lion outfit, so that left only 3. I found a pattern for really cheap on eBay. I thought how hard could it be? I have multiple family members that sew so I figured with a little help from them, I could do it. I think I over estimated my ability and the time I would need. I gave myself a month, but when you have 2 little ones wrapped around your leg most of the day, it is hard to find a chunk of time to focus on it. Anyway, I have Dorothy an the tin man started but am going to have to get some help to finish up those this weekend. However, I finished the scarecrow today. I did this all by myself! It fits and everything. If you're looking closely, the stitching is a nightmare and things aren't perfectly straight but for my first attempt, not too shabby! ;) I couldn't have done this without the help of my MIL though! She helped get started by teaching me how to cut out the patterns and gave me some basic sewing knowledge.
The only thing missing from this pic is the twine that gets wrapped around the waist and hat. The lighter fabric is a hood. Kind of hard to tell without a model.
The only thing missing from this pic is the twine that gets wrapped around the waist and hat. The lighter fabric is a hood. Kind of hard to tell without a model.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow!!! I am impressed!!! Way to go!!! Can't wait to see the Halloween pics!
Post a Comment