What a week this has been so far. Ava continues to beat up her brother no matter what I say or do. I feel like I am a referee! They can be sitting and playing so well together and then something suddenly sets Ava off...kids! What can you do!
Yesterday I loaded up the kids to go to Winamac to stay at my parents. My goal was to leave at 2 since that is Anderson's afternoon nap time. I was running right on schedule...for a short time. I went out to the garage to back the truck up and start it so it could warm up. When I came in, I found that Anderson had dumped Toby's water bowl. He was soaked! So I tried to get him changed quickly since the car was running. However, changing this boy is no easy task. I can hardly manage to get a diaper on him without manhandling him. I had to completely strip him b/c even his onesie was wet. When I finally managed to get that done, I got everyone loaded up including the dog. I got about a mile away and realized I had forgotten Toby's leash. So I turned around to go get it. Now we are off. I get 2 miles down the road and I am stopped by a train. I should have known better than to go the way I did (there is another road that goes under the tracks), but it this particular road is the most direct way...just my luck. Sometimes these trains take over 30 minutes too! Luckily we were only stopped for 5 minutes. So after about 3 hours, I finally make it to my parents (it usually only takes 2 hours!). Yeah...Tuesday is finally over!
This morning I got up super early to drive my mom to an appointment for an MRI. This was my reason for coming. The trip to and from Lafayette was uneventful. It gets exciting after I drop my mom off and try to leave to come back to Indy. We pulled in her drive and I didn't want to unload the kids so mom stayed in the running truck with them while I ran in to get our bags and Toby. I put the bags in the back and let Toby in after mom gets out. In the 10 seconds or less it took me to walk around to the driver's side door, Toby had managed to lock the doors. The truck is still running and both kids are in the car. GREAT!! Luckily, we have a family friend who runs an auto shop/towing business just minutes from mom's house. He was able to come get me into the truck within 15 minutes! Thankfully the truck was running so the kids stayed nice and toasty. Whew...crisis resolved. Now onward to home...
We made it to the halfway point of the trip and Ava decided she needed to go potty. Fabulous! So I stopped at a gas station, unloaded both kids and ventured in to find the potty. Of course, the restrooms are all the way across the store so we have to walk by all the junky gas station food. Then Ava promptly announces she's hungry. I successfully squeezed all of us into a tiny stall in the nasty bathroom so everyone could potty. As we exit the bathroom, Ava immediately starts begging for some chips. It takes awhile, but I finally make it to pay for the chips. It's amazing to me that some people can be so rude. Here I am, by myself, trying to juggle a baby, a toddler, a bag of chips while digging for my wallet...people cut in front of me and didn't even bother to help me with a door. The best part was that there was a group of policeman that just stood there smoking the cigarettes and staring at me. After what seemed like a lifetime, we were back on the road. At least Ava was silent b/c she was shoveling chips into her mouth. I probably should have been a "good" mom and bought something a little healthier, but it wasn't worth the battle! ;) Now we are home, the kids are in bed, and I am off to clean purple crayon out of the bathtub! Here's to an uneventful Thursday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I don't know anyone who locks themselves out of vehicles more than you! ;-)
I'm so proud of how you handled such a terrible day! I would have just sat down and cried, and cried, and maybe screamed a little. :)
Post a Comment