Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Farewell our furry friend
On Saturday, we said goodbye to Toby after 4 years. He went to live with a new family (a fam that we know and trust) that has older children and another pug (he'll have a girlfriend!). It was a very hard and sad decision, but we know it was for the best. Over the last several months we have had trouble with him peeing in the house (just upstairs). We thought maybe he just needed to be retrained, but our efforts didn't pay off. The vet told us it wasn't a health problem, which leaves a jealousy/attention problem. We're not sure what was going on, but we couldn't keep having him pee in the house. We know he is at a place where he will get lots of attention and love which makes parting a little easier. We were wondering how Ava was going to handle the change...he has been gone since Saturday and she has yet to ask where he is. Guess she doesn't miss him too badly! I do miss his company, but I really miss how he would vacuum my carpet and clean up the kitchen floor. I have to sweep and vacuum every night now...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh Traci - this made me want to cry!!! I am sure Toby is in a good home, but it must have been tough!!!!
I'm sad for you! we have debated the same issue..I have a pug boston terrier mix. He's just not the same dog after kids!
Post a Comment