Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Off to a busy start

What a busy 2 days! On Monday, Anderson and I dropped Ava off at school and then went to Wal-mart and Sam's. We had just enough time to unload the groceries at home and then go pick up Ava. We then met one of my college friends, Shannon, at Red Robin for lunch. We got home just in time for Ava's friend Abby to come over and play. Abby is getting ready to move to Minnesota so she hung out with us in the afternoon so her mom could get packed up. The girls had so much fun. We played outside for quite awhile and then came in to play dress up! I had one exhausted girl by the time evening came.

Monday night was a LONG night. Anderson was up most of the night. It seems he has another ear infection. I actually wonder if his ear drum might have actually ruptured. When I finally got him to sleep at 5:30 a.m., he slept for 3 hours. When he woke up his ear was covered in nasty pus. Fortunately, since he has tubes, we just have to do ear drops for a week. I already had some on hand so we didn't even have to venture out to the Dr. He seems to be feeling better now. Hopefully we will all get some sleep tonight!

Since it was a bad night, we took our time getting around in this morning. While Anderson took his morning nap, I let Ava play in the garage while I organized some baby stuff in the garage. I packed up some things to take to the consignment store. I have officially started to get rid of some baby gear. It makes me a little sad. Anyway....after lunch, we went to the consignment store to drop off our things and shop a little for some spring/summer pajamas. When we got home, we took a wagon ride around the cul de sac looking for octagons or as Ava says, "ocagons." She has a new obsession with octagons. I think they must have learned about them in school yesterday. We found 2 octagons and called our "hunt" a success.


When we returned home, it was nap time! After dinner we had some family time outdoors in the backyard. We played in the sandbox, played on the swings, and even drew some octagons on the patio. The house is finally quiet now...I think I'll retire early this evening. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'll leave you with a video of Anderson walking. (sorry it is not a great video. i was trying to be the videographer and the coach at the same time!) This was taken a couple days ago...he has gotten better since!




No comments: