Ava started "school" yesterday. She did very well. Her daily report sheet said she was friendly and happy and that she participated and played with the other children. I was a little worried that she might try to boss all the other kids around.
And...we have finally completely mastered the potty!!! I fear I have created a monster though. I was really tired of cleaning up poopy panties so I created a treasure box reward system. She was able to pick out a treasure each time she went potty. The "prizes" started out being pretty big...a new movie, an Ariel barbie, a make up kit. I have tamed down the prizes and now the treasure chest is full of the $1 target bin items. When those are gone, she will probably just get random stuff I can find around the house! She doesn't much care what the prize is but just that she gets to pick one. Here's the annoying part...Instead of sitting on the potty and getting it all out at once, she will sit to go pee and then squeeze one (and only 1) turd out. So she is getting to pick from the treasure box multiple times a day! I don't really mind though...at least she is using the potty. She is very independent and doesn't usually want my help any more when she uses the restroom, but I can always tell when she is going. She always says "squeeeeeeeeeeeze" while she is trying to go. It's hysterical!
We have all been suffering through the 2nd round of head colds in just a month. Ava doesn't even get bothered by her colds anymore b/c she is so used to having them. Little Anderson though had it pretty bad this time. I ended up taking him to the Dr. yesterday b/c he had developed an ear infection from all of the drainage. After only 2 doses of antibiotics I can see a huge change. He is a little more like himself today. He even managed to finish an entire 6 oz bottle (this is a big deal b/c 1. he's not a big eater to begin with and 2. he hasn't hardly had anything to eat since he came down with this cold)!
Other than our bout with the nasty head cold, we are all doing pretty well.




No comments:
Post a Comment