Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy 1/2 year birthday, Anderson!

Anderson is 6 months old today! The official stats are 15 1/2 lbs and 26". We actually hit the 50th percentile!! That's a first for the Fritz children! On a not so good note, Anderson's right ear still has a pretty bad infection. We are half way through our 2nd round of antibiotics and the Dr. said it should be looking better by now. Hopefully in the next 5 days it will improve. If he still shows signs of infection after we finish this med, he will have to go on a pretty powerful antibiotic that tastes bad and can irritate his stomach. I'm hoping and praying it doesn't come to that. If none of these drugs take care of it, the Dr. said we will have to consider using another type of antibiotic (he used a big term and I can't remember what it was!) and probably have to be referred to an ENT specialist. I'm sure it will not come down to that though. We had to wait for quite some time at the Dr.'s office today. Thankfully Ava behaved very well. She kept herself occupied by building with the mega blocks they have in the exam rooms. She built a castle and a goose. Not sure where she came up with the idea to build a goose but she did. When I told her this morning that we had to take Anderson to the Dr., she immediately started singing, " No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" I think that is the only line she knows...she just repeats it over and over.

No comments: